Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry Christmas to Me!

All,

Time to unveil the Christmas presents!  I primed them black the day after Christmas, but they sat in the garage until today.  I finished off rebasing my late war Germans then decided to go for it.  So, much to the wife's chagrin, I sat and painted my presents up, and voila, they're finished!

So, what did I get?

 JR Minis 15mm terrain:
Italian Village Ruins w/Vintner House
Italian Village Ruins w/Church

I'd been eyeing these for a long time, dating back to when they were first released, then through JR Miniatures' transition, the after that waiting for them to come back into the inventory, then finally  pulling the trigger.  And boy am I glad I did!  

These things are fantastic!  I mean, I had high expectations, but pulling them out of the box I was really blown away.  Of course they're 15mm, but if you've been watching the batreps on the blog you know I've got quite a bit of JR Minis' 15mm terrain, and it works pretty well with my 10mm stuff.

 Here's the ruins w/Church.  Not a lot to say here; I primed with black spraypaint, drybrushed just about everything an off-white.  Did the roofs and picked a couple highlights such as door/window frames in blue or red, did the wood floors brown, did the streets light gray, then threw a wash on the wood floors and streets.  Still need to give'em a spray of dullcoat.

 Spun 90 degrees.

 Again.

 One more time.

 Kind of an off-kilter shot to show you some of the depth.

 The ruins w/Vintner house.

 Spun 90 degrees.

 Again.

 One more time.

 Another off-kilter shot for depth.

 With some of the Germans I just finished to show scale.

 More.

 Again.

Last one.

Well, I'm happy to have them, and happy to have them finished.  I can't wait to get these on the table, and they'll serve me in every clime, time, and place I need some buildings to fight over.  I've already been thinking about lugging all my buildings out to partner with these and break out the just finished Red Devils and late-war Germans and have a go in Oosterbeek; no complaining that those aren't Dutch looking buildings!  We'll see what happens.

V/R,
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Those building look very nice! Hopefully we may see them turn up in a AAR.

    ReplyDelete