Sunday, December 31, 2017

First Six Napoleonic Light Infantry Battalions, 10mm Old Glory

All,

Well, so far you've seen a bunch of my Old Glory Napoleonics: line battalions, squadrons of cavalry, and batteries of artillery.  So now to show ya some Austrian and French light infantry, three battalions each.  These are different from the line infantry; the line infantry are cast in strips of five men, while the Lights are cast individually. 

I figure I need three more battalions each before I can put on a 'proper' fight; I need to put another order in with Russ and Connie!  I also need to paint up some more cavalry and artillery, plus some leadership (officers at brigade/division/corps level), but I've got them.  Plus a boatload more line infantry.

Each battalion is four bases of four guys, so you see three battalions each at left and right.  Austrians are on the left and French on the right.  The French are Legere while the Austrians are a mix of Grenzer and Jaegers.  I think.  I'm certainly not a Napoleonic expert...  As usual, I primed in black and just hit highlights of color, moving very quickly, so these are really meant to be viewed from afar, not up close ;)

Again, Austrians on left and French on right.

Austrians at top, French on the bottom.

French at left, Austrians at right.

French at left, Austrians at right, looking from behind them.

French at left, Austrians at right.

French at top, Austrians at bottom.

The Austrians.

See, this is what happens when you ask for close-ups when you're not supposed to!

Another Austrian close-up.

And one more.

And now for ze French.

Again.

Another.

And one more.

I'm very happy with my choice to go with Old Glory 10mm for Napoleonics; I just need to get off my  butt and keep painting them!  That's the tough part about Naps for me, all the painting.  I'm spoiled by all of my WWII stuff in 10mm and Modern skirmish stuff in 15mm, it just pops right out!  But Naps, even with my speed painting, are killing me, particularly given the fact I have to do both sides.  But I'll survive, and someday I'll actually get a game in! ;)

V/R,
Jack



9 comments:

  1. If its any consolation, they look very striking!

    Did you gloss them up after painting or is that the camera? They have kind of a "toy soldier" look which really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's with Monty, where's the now (in)famous cat?

      Thanks man, and they're shiny because of the paint is a glossy (I wanted the blue and the green to be bright) and I'm not putting a wash on the Naps, just black prime and sort of dab colors on. The shine isn't as noticeable at tabletop distance.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    2. It was time for a change but it was actually to make fun of a Rommel fanboy I talked to :)

      Delete
    3. Ha, I didn’t know there was such a thing in 2018!

      I did just purchase the Rommel rules, thinking about some 3mm North Africa. You’re not talking about me are ya? ;)

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    4. Haha, probably not, though my mate Nate have been praising that game pretty heavily. It does sound very tempting and I like the guys Napoleonics rules a lot.

      I just got a bunch of 3mm for North Africa and France 1940 incidentally.

      Delete
    5. Dog’s Brush Nate? Yeah, I’ve seen some of his Rommel blogposts, good stuff. And you know, I, and the rest of the world, would absolutely love to see your new 3mm stuff.

      You know, if, like, you took some pictures and put them on that blog thing of yours...

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    6. That guy yeah.

      And come on, you and I both know it's not possible to put pictures on the internet. How would you get the photo through the tubes?

      Delete
    7. Yeah, I only made 15 posts with about a thousand pics the other day, it’s probably not something you could handle.

      Take your little phone out, pop off some happy snaps, plug your phone into your computer, and upload them. I can post a link to your blog if you’ve forgotten where it’s at ;)

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete