Sunday, December 31, 2017

Flytrap Factory 15mm Modern US Marines, 2nd Go (Desert)

All,

More modern Marines from Anton at Flytrap Factory; apparently I just can't get enough of these guys!  As far as moderns go, they are definitely my favorites.  I absolutely mean no disrespect to any of the other figure manufacturers), it's just that the combination of the number of poses, the character that comes out in the poses, and the fact they are (I think) the only troops on the 15mm market with all the cool gadgets (various sights and night vision gear) on the weapons means I constantly keep finding myself buying more ;)

Twenty guys painted up in desert colors as MARSOC guys from the reconstituted Raider Regiment.  The only problem there is that I painted these guys waaaaaay too uniform for MARSOC ;)

First up, a grenadier with his -203 on an M-16A4, ACOG atop.

Side, where you can see I tried to paint up the Raider patch.

Rear.

Two more grenadiers.  These guys look to have EOTech sights on their weapons.

Fore and aft.

Another grenadier pose, nice and chunky, and back to the ACOG on the weapon, or maybe an aiming dot.

Fore and aft.

A SAW gunner with aiming dot.

Side.

Reverse.

The next SAW gunner, with EOTech sight, a dreaded left-hander! ;)

Front.

Reverse.

The next SAW gunner, love the charging ahead pose.  Hard to tell, maybe just iron sights, but looks to have a PEQ-2 or PAC-4 on the weapon (up front, on top).

Front.

Opposite.

Rear.

And then perhaps my favorite pose, the last SAW gunner, with aiming dot and PEQ-2/PAC-4.  The dude just looks like a bad-ass.  I suppose this SAW could even be an M-27, though not likely with the drum?

Side.

Rear.

Other side.  I love the fact most guys have pistols on their hip.

A rifleman with ACOG and PEQ-2/PAC-4.

Front.

Opposite.

Rear.

And here we get to a cool little rifleman sculpt.  The dude has an EOTech sight and is wearing his NVGs; my only qualm with this sculpt is that he shouldn't have the binocular-AN/PVS-7b goggles on, he should have the monocular AN-PVS-14 goggles on!  But I'll forgive the error jus this once ;)

Side.

Rear.

Other side.

The next rifleman is kneeling with some shades on, an EOTech sight on his rifle.

Front.

Reverse.

Rear.

Another rifleman, with EOTech carry, at the alert carry ("alert to the dirt").

Front.

Reverse.

Rear.

Another rifleman, ACOG on his weapon.  I've never been able to figure out what is in his right hand.

Side.

Rear.

Other side.

Next rifleman, with ACOG and PEQ-2/PAC-4.

Side.

Rear.  I need to straighten that barrel!

Other side.

Next rifleman, with aiming dot.

Front.

Reverse.

Rear.

A couple riflemen with aiming dots, shuffling forward with rifle at the ready.

Fore and aft.

And the last pose, a couple riflemen with EOTech sights moving up with rifles at the ready.

Fore and aft.

You saw these guys' temperate cousins in my "Operation Currahee" series of Cuba Libre fights.

More on the way!

V/R,
Jack

2 comments:

  1. Nice work.

    The little red dot on the sights does wonders to make the figure stand out.
    I guess one of the risks of desert camo is that figures can end up a little drab (which I guess is the point).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy, and yeah, I always like to try and work at least a little color in somewhere, keeps them from blending in with the mat.

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete